Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Define and understand the concept of supply chain.
- Recognize the stages of the logistics network and the advantages and disadvantages of distribution networks.
- Address the importance of facility decisions in a supply chain and the factors that influence network configuration decisions.
- Understand the problems of supply chain management as well as the strategies and techniques that help companies to improve their performance in the specific sector and, by extension, to upgrade their position in their field of activity.
- Understand and solve problems based on the gravity model
- Understand and solve problems based on the network model.
- Understand and solve problems based on the traveling salesman problem.
- Explain the role of lack of information in the supply chain and interpret the bullwhip effect.