The 6th International Scientific Conference on Algorithms, Computing and Systems – ICACS 2022 – was successfully organized online (September 17-18, 2022) by the Department of Digital Systems of the University of Thessaly.
At ICACS 2022, 21 scientific papers were presented. The presenters came from various countries around the world (China, Jordan, India, the Republic of Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Egypt, Germany, Portugal, Greece, etc.). The proceedings of the conference will be published by ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), in the publications of the International Conference Proceedings Series (ICPS) with ISBN: 978-1-4503-9741-4.
At the conference, four (4) keynote talks were held by internationally distinguished scientists in the area of Information Technology and Communications:
- Prof. Kui Wu, University of Victoria, Canada, “Bandwidth Tomography and Its Applications to Balance Inference in the Lightning Network”
- Prof. Minghua Chen (IEEE Fellow), City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, “Synthesizing Distributed Algorithms for Combinatorial Network Optimization”
- Prof. Wenhong Tian, University of Electronic and Science Technology of China, China, “Workload Forecasting in Cloud Data Centers: Machine Learning Approaches”
- Prof. Rajkumar Buyya (IEEE Fellow), University of Melbourne, Australia, “Neoteric Frontiers in Cloud, Edge, and Quantum Computing”.
Eight (8) speeches by invited speakers were also presented:
- Prof. Roberto Montemanni, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy, “Drones and Logistics”
- Prof. Vassilis Triantafillou, University of Peloponnese, Greece, “Citizens and Networked Society: Netizens”
- Assoc. Prof. Panagiotis Katsaros, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, “Formalisation and Analysis of Natural Language System Requirements”
- Prof. Xiong Li, Sun Yat-sen University, China, “Agent-based Modeling and Simulation for Networked Equipment Support”
- Assoc. Prof. Yunbo Rao, University of Electronic Science and Technology, China, “Construction and Application of Intelligent Dataset”
- Prof. Periklis Chatzimisios, International Hellenic University, Greece, “Communications for Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) and Autonomous Driving”
- Asst. Prof. Thomas Selig, Xi’an Jiaotong -Liverpool University, China, “Burning Algorithms for Stochastic Sandpile Models”
- Dr. Alex Norta, Dymaxion OU and Independent Researchers, Estonia, “A Blockchain Implementation for Configurable Multi-Factor Challenge-Set Self-Sovereign Identity Authentication”
The start of the conference was held by the Rector of the University of Thessaly, Professor Zisis Mamouris, while the President of the ICACS 2022 organizational / scientific committee was Professor Vassilis Gerogiannis, President of the Department of Digital Systems.