The Quality Policy of the Department of Digital Systems is consistent with the University of Thessaly Quality Assurance Policy. In particular, the Department of Digital Systems is committed to offering its students a high-quality education and to promoting knowledge and research in the areas related to its academic subjects. The Department is committed to fulfilling its educational and research purpose with ethical rules, which serve the needs of society and contribute to the formation of a free academic environment, conducting high-level research, to guaranteeing that the teaching staff has the highest possible level of teaching and research as well as in shaping a culture of collaborations with educational and research institutions at home and abroad.
The primary objective of the Department is the recognition and attractiveness of its undergraduate and postgraduate programs within the next decade at a national level, as well as international acceptance of its ongoing research work. Specifically, the Department is committed to implementing quality procedures that will demonstrate:
- the appropriateness of the structure and organization of the curriculum
- the pursuit of learning outcomes and qualifications in accordance with the European and National Framework of Qualifications for Higher Education
- the promotion of the quality and effectiveness of the teaching work
- the appropriateness of the teaching staff’s qualifications
- the promotion of the quality and quantity of the research work of the members of the academic unit
- the ways of connecting teaching with research
- the level of demand in the labor market for graduates’ acquired qualifications
- the quality of support services such as administrative services, libraries and student welfare services
- the performance of the annual review and internal inspection of the Quality Assurance System for the undergraduate program of studies, as well as the cooperation of OMEA with the University’s MODIP.
Implementation of the Quality Policy
The planning of goals and actions of the Digital Systems Department includes the regular repetition of the aforementioned. Specifically, it includes:
- The implementation of the guidelines of the institution’s MODIP.
- Increase student participation in the evaluation of courses and teachers, on a “per semester” basis.
- The submission by the teachers of the Individual Report and the Course Report to the MODIP information system on an annual basis.
- The revision of the undergraduate studies program on an annual basis.
- The assignment of teaching work to the regular and adjunct instructors, based on their scientific specialization and experience.
- The announcement and filling of new staff positions with transparency and meritocracy.
- The renewal and improvement of the infrastructure.
- The renewal and improvement of the research infrastructure.
- The submission of proposals for the implementation of research projects and the attraction of funding.
- The call for expressions of interest from prospective postgraduate and doctoral students.
- The qualitative and systematic updating of the Department’s website.
- Monitoring the progress and professional rehabilitation of the graduates of the Department.
- The monitoring and improvement of the provided support and administrative services with a physical or electronic presence.
- Formulating proposals to the competent higher bodies for changes and improvements to the operation and infrastructure of the university.
Ways of publicizing the Quality Policy
The Quality Policy of the Department is communicated to the members of the Department (instructors, students, lab instructors, and technical members), as well as to the members of the wider academic community through the website of the Department.