Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Encode a signal source and find its entropy.
- convert a signal from analog to digital and find the quantization error.
- find the required bandwidth for PCM systems.
- create geometric representations from the waveforms of the signals.
- know the function and how to use the correlation demodulator.
- know the function and how to use the custom filter demodulator.
- know the function and how to use the optimal carrier.
- They will familiarize themselves with the issue of demodulation and understand the relevant methodologies for recovering the transmitted signals at the receiver.
- Determine the potential for error for various digital modulation techniques and understand ways to minimize it.
- study the issue of digital transmission over limited bandwidth channels and understand the problems arising from this fact.
- design signals suitable for bandwidth-limited channels.
- specify AWGN channel capacity and basic coding principles for reliable communication.
- solve design problems of digital telecommunication systems using appropriate PC software.