Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- understand the concept of broadband in its wireless and wired form.
- understand the basics of wireless broadband data transmission.
- use the knowledge of wireless terrestrial broadband links to analyze and design corresponding systems.
- understand the concept of noise in wireless broadband links.
- understand the basic concepts of satellite broadband links.
- use the knowledge of satellite broadband links to analyze and design corresponding systems.
- understand the basic operating principles of the popular GPS satellite positioning system.
- understand the basic concepts of the popular wireless broadband communication systems WiFi, LTE-4G, 5G.
- use the basic concepts of the above systems to analyze, maintain and upgrade these systems.