Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- recognize the characteristics of applications and Real-time Systems.
- describe the characteristics of Real-time Operating Systems (RTOSs).
- describe resource allocation mechanisms in Real-Time Systems.
- report static and dynamic scheduling algorithms in real-time systems (Real-time Scheduling) as well as Schedulability Analysis algorithms.
- report the capabilities that local area networks and the Internet provide in real-time application communication.
- analyze the requirements of a real-time application and determine the appropriate application development environment at the hardware and software level.
- design and develop small real-time applications on the MCUs available in the lab.