The course focuses on the architecture, design, and performance study of parallel and distributed systems.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- He has excellent knowledge of the algorithms that parallel systems use and can implement them.
- Understand the pros and cons of modern multicore / multiprocessor architectures.
- Understand the structure and functionality of online distribution systems of every scale and form.
- Know the basic operating issues of supercomputers.
- Know modern approaches to distributed systems such as peer-to-peer networks and cloud computing.
- Apply the above on a practical level.